VESTKORN FABA PROTEIN food
The carbon footprint of faba protein is 80–90% lower compared to dairy proteins per kg protein according to the report “Carbon footprint and land use of oat and faba bean protein concentrate using a life cycle assessment approach” by Hannele Heusala, Natural Resources Institute Finland and others.
Vestkorn Faba Protein is a natural native protein with a uniquely high protein content of 65%. This ingredient offers an excellent amino acid profile, similar to pea protein. The higher protein content compared to pea protein can make it an easier fit in formulations or when replacing soy protein. Faba protein is a clean label ingredient (EU) and removes allergenicity and sustainability issues as well as concerns about GMO that you may have when using soy ingredients. This protein has a light greyish colour.
• Low/No Sodium
• Replaces egg or other animal protein
• Acts as a stabiliser and improves consistency
• Produces a stable emulsion and has good fat- and water-binding capacity
• Provides viscosity and smooth texture
Applications for faba protein
• Meat extender in burger meat and emulsified sausages
• Protein source in dry-mix chocolate shakes
• Cereal bars
• Vegan protein bar
• Wet extruded meat analogues
• Textured vegetable protein
GLUTEN-FREE • NON-GMO • SUSTAINABLE • HYPOALLERGENIC • CLEAN LABEL • SAFE • TRANSPARENT • PALATABLE • NUTRITIONAL • NATURAL • HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE • HIGH MEAT PRODUCTS