VESTKORN PEA PROTEIN food
Vestkorn Pea Protein is a natural native protein with 55% protein content. The ingredient offers an excellent amino acid profile and has better levels of lysine and glutamine than other plant-based proteins. The functionality makes it an excellent alternative to soy protein, removing both the allergenicity issues, sustainability issues and concern for GMO soybean from your label.
The ingredient also contains both soluble and insoluble fibre, mostly constituted by pectic substances and hemicellulose.
The fibre provides not only nutritional benefits but also many functional attributes to food systems.
GLUTEN-FREE • NON-GMO • SUSTAINABLE • HYPOALLERGENIC • CLEAN LABEL • SAFE • TRANSPARENT • PALATABLE • NUTRITIONAL • NATURAL • HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE • HIGH MEAT PRODUCTS
• Acts as stabilizer and improving consistency
• Produces a stable emulsion and has good fat- and water-binding capacity
• Excellent emulsifying characteristics and heat resistance
• Provides viscosity and smooth texture
Applications for PEA protein
• Soy protein replacement in gluten-free biscuits and emulsified sausages
• Meat extender in burger meat and emulsified sausages
• Vegan spreads
• Vegan mayonnaise
• Protein fortification in bread
• Protein fortification of extruded snacks